Monday, December 8, 2014

Souie's December Pic: Top 10 Chill Songs




Before 2014 ends, let me share you my top 10 chill songs out of the creepiest box!
  1. Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People
  2. Take me to Church by Hozier
  3. Can't Stop Dancing by Becky G
  4. Habits by Tove Lo
  5. Beggin for Thread by Banks
  6. Wrapped Up by Olly Murs ft. Travie Mcoy
  7. Thinking out Loud by Ed Sheeran
  8. How you get the girl by Taylor Swift
  9. Pretend by Tinashe ft. A$AP ROCKY
  10. Latch by Sam Smith

I have really random taste in music. I listen to whatever I like, but just recently I find myself listening to some controversial and powerfully written songs like Take me to Church.



Hozier is an Irish singer-song writer who brought us the song Take me to Church. The song is actually about sexuality and humanity, mainly for the rights of the LGBT community. Aside from the song itself, I have watched the music video and it is extra controversial!


The video is about two guys who love each other and eventually at the end, the other guy gets killed by some group of creepy guys, somewhat like a religious cult (i dont know if that makes sense). In the MV, it showed the two guys passionately kissing and making love, which makes it really interesting. Also the scene where the group of creepy guys killing the other gay guy was so deep and emotional, it actually broke my heart.



Speaking of LGBT, one of my favorite singers at the moment would be the one and only, fabulous Sam Smith, an English singer-song writer. I have to make a separate blog about him because I love all of his songs ( stay with me, only one, latch and etc.)

I started liking him after I watched his interview in The Ellen Show. During the show he said that he doesn't want to be a spokesperson of LGBT's but he would like to be a spokesperson of everyone. I like the thought and the sweetness he has. I also found out that he used to scrub toilet bowls before he got famous which is totally amazing.



( A photo from The Ellen Show where Sam Smith received the "Platinum Toilet Brush" award. )



Lastly, on the top of my list would be Foster the People's Pumped Up Kicks. It is a creepy good song from an American Indie pop band. The song is very catchy but when you listen carefully, the lyrics is also very disturbing. It is about a bullied kid who is isolated from his own family and the people around him. Eventually the kid was able to obtain a revolver and shoots the kids at their school. 

To wrap it up, the songs I have for the month are really random songs. It's not new songs for December but the songs that I liked and discovered this month. (Outdated eh?)

*photos from Google, edited by author*


No comments:

Post a Comment